Skee's SAS thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh my! Your parts list that is above totals to what I have in the complete front half of my swap. If I had left my rear alone (with the block and AAL that was from the Fabtech kit) and kept the 10bolt, I had ~$1500 in my swap. Are you sure you need everything listed?

You are missing A LOT of items as well. What You say you want to keep your KM2s, what springs do you plan on running? 47s? 52s? With stock 52s, there should be PLENTY of room for 35s.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but WFO makes a good rear shackle flip, and it comes with either 5" or 6" shackles. saves you a couple bucks not buying the shackles separately, as long as you are ordering other things from them. http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Shackle-Flip-Chevy-Truck-1-2-and-3-4-Ton-88-98/3203/3460/3475
Instead of shock hoops you could run the F-250 shock towers (just an option) not sure if you can get them locally any cheaper.
Wouldn't your D44 already be a flat top so all you need is to machine it for a high steer arm?

Last edited:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but WFO makes a good rear shackle flip, and it comes with either 5" or 6" shackles. saves you a couple bucks not buying the shackles separately, as long as you are ordering other things from them. http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/Shackle-Flip-Chevy-Truck-1-2-and-3-4-Ton-88-98/3203/3460/3475
Instead of shock hoops you could run the F-250 shock towers (just an option) not sure if you can get them locally any cheaper.
Wouldn't your D44 already be a flat top so all you need is to machine it for a high steer arm?

I'm looking to see about the knuckle. Sorry this was a list I copied from someone else's who did a D60 swap and required different things. I won't need the spring perches or pads, and have found another better way for the steering kit. I updated on my other forums but haven't on here yet. I will get it back to where I need to tonight!

As far as the hoops, some people have said the shock towers weren't tall enough for what they wanted, and I was just basing this off an SAS done in the club up here.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I'm looking to see about the knuckle. Sorry this was a list I copied from someone else's who did a D60 swap and required different things. I won't need the spring perches or pads, and have found another better way for the steering kit. I updated on my other forums but haven't on here yet. I will get it back to where I need to tonight!

As far as the hoops, some people have said the shock towers weren't tall enough for what they wanted, and I was just basing this off an SAS done in the club up here.

Also I am going to be running 52s made into a custom pack like 88GMCtruck did.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

No problem, the list always changes anyways! lol
I'm only running 4" lift 47" springs but I cut about 1.5" off the bottom of my towers.
Good luck with the swap!

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Thanks. I am most likely going to be running a 52" setup. I am getting alot of my parts handed down to me, so for now this is a "budget build" and then I will upgrade down the road to swap the transfer case and go full 1 tons.

Just picked these up for the low cost of FREE! Rear shackle flip hangers.

You must be registered for see images attach

EDIT: Also, parts list updated up top. Will actually start a "BUILD thread" once the work commences. Going to lock that one til its done to keep it clean and tidy and then open it up for questions and comments after. Of course, I'll put the same stuff in my trucks build page, which can be commented on anytime you want!

Last edited:

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like your keeping of a detailed list with links and prices, I would love to SAS mine so if I do I will follow yours since I too would us an hp44

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I like your keeping of a detailed list with links and prices, I would love to SAS mine so if I do I will follow yours since I too would us an hp44

I'll definitely put up a more detailed listing once I get everything together. This was just a start and it isn't updated as much as my other forum. Plus as I go along and find out anything else I need it will be added.