Skee's 97 K1500 Stepside build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
Get that SAS son!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I've gotta wait til after my LASIK and then it will be done. Believe it or not my tires show no signs of uneven wear or anything. Its not that its out of alignment, its the ball joints are shot AGAIN. I have everything to do the SAS but it is my only vehicle. SO just tying up some loose ends with it and verifying a few things and then I will start the job. Its going to be a super long 3 day weekend project.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Cracked open the 44 to find brand spankin new gears. Gotta love it. Just finishing the steering setup and shipping off the knuckle to be machined and get the steering arm. Then after my eyes heal enough I will be ripping it apart and stuffing the new beef under it.

You must be registered for see images attach

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score

Snow hit today... Means I gotta get a move on for this SAS!

Also picked up the steering today! It was for a D60 so getting my knuckle machined and a new steering arm. Total the kit and steering cost me 600$ plus the machining the arm which is 65$ and some new ball joints.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if I told you this already but ill say it again haha i LOVE your truck man. read through your thread at least 5 times thats not counting the times i just looked at the pics. :) and I'm surprised that you haven't got snow sooner we are supposed to get some down here tues

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I don't know if I told you this already but ill say it again haha i LOVE your truck man. read through your thread at least 5 times thats not counting the times i just looked at the pics. :) and I'm surprised that you haven't got snow sooner we are supposed to get some down here tues

Hahahaha you might have but thanks! I appreciate all the good words put towards it!

------------------------

Boom. Steering. And you guys said this SAS was going to be hard. Pshhhhhh.

Shovel. Brush. Scrape. Repeat.

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking pretty cold! SAS would be so nice but i am afraid of the numbers it might cost to do one lol.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Right now I am at about 1300$. Only thing left for me will be exhaust (which would be cheap but I am going to go ahead and redo it completely.) I am keeping my wheels and tires for now, and will be upgrading down the road.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with WFO Concepts and now this puppy is on its way there to get machined. Coming back with fresh joints and steering arm. Gets machined within 24hrs of them receiving it, which should be Friday. The Customer service with WFO has been fantastic so far. When it comes back it will be cleaned up, blasted in the booth at the hobby shop here on base. With alot of other parts. Then a nice coat of some paint, not sure which I am going with. Thinking red for the diff cover, and possibly for the knuckles as well.

These pics are credit the the black SAS from aaronb. Picture this but with red and a matching diff cover.

And just for some more inspiration, this is what I am shooting for. This height with 35s. Perfect stance for what I want. Pics credit to David "88GMCTruck".

Last edited: