Skee's 97 K1500 Stepside build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lights look awesome. My HIDs are putting out the crappy pattern. How did you turn the bulbs exactly in order to get a cleaner cutoff?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah I gave $69.99 shipped to a friends door in New Mexico, and then flat rated them up to me. Now when you look, they are ~$150!!! :shrug:

But I got the corners in today as well! They are going to look awesome.

Lights look awesome. My HIDs are putting out the crappy pattern. How did you turn the bulbs exactly in order to get a cleaner cutoff?

On my headlights the locks for the bulb on the rear aren't size specific so I just pulled it out, rotated the bulb to the next slot and twist locked it back in. I put the metal piece to the inside of both bulbs, towards the middle of the truck. Also, its not a perfect "clean" cutoff like if I had projectors but they are still awesome and dont blind oncoming traffic.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Man I am in LOVE with this new headlight setup. I CAN ACTUALLY SEE AT NIGHT! haha

Still waiting to put on the corners, but will do so soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

And started gathering the parts for the SAS. Donor truck was picked up today. Stepping the build down JUST a bit to save some money for now, and then down the road I will start working on upgrading it.

Picked these up last night for the low cost of FREE! Rear shackle flip hangers.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Finally got around to getting the corners on! I have had that grill off like 15 times in the past 2 weeks. I could probably do it with my eyes closed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDont