Skee's 97 K1500 Stepside build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
How are the dodge tows working for ya? I'm really considering these again :hmm:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
theyre a bit bouncy but the view is great. not that that was directed towards me. if you put some end link bushins between the mirror and door it helps tighten it up a bit.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
theyre a bit bouncy but the view is great. not that that was directed towards me. if you put some end link bushins between the mirror and door it helps tighten it up a bit.

I had forgotten you have them. The only thing stopping me is that mine looks stockish so I'm not sure how it'd look. and I don't really want to chop up a $300 pair of mirrors lmao

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Alright so I finally got 2 of 3 boxes from Kyle, which had my clear headlights and parking lights, but still waiting on the smaller box with the corners, which is lost in this government shutdown! And also my new HIDs showed up. I did end up going with 55w just for simple reason that its almost winter in Alaska. Which means alot more dark. Plus people up here don't really have the "courtesy" with headlights like most other places. So why should I?!

But here they are:

Headlights (with glare caps! That helps with the 55w HIDs!)
You must be registered for see images attach

Parking Lights:

And what the clear corners WILL look like when they get here!

Difference:

The HID kit was awesome. It came with heavy duty slim METAL ballasts, not the cheapo plastic ones. AND it came with 3M tape, zip ties, AND a mounting bracket.

This is how I mounted it on the pass side, tucked in by the battery. (Note: the battery is pulled out and scooted over for the pic)

The Parking lights came with stickers over the holes to keep dirt out, and I made the mistake of poking it out and it went inside. Took me 1/2 hr to get that damn sticker back out.

With the parking lights in:

Note the AWESOME glare cap in these... Cuts the glare down and the pattern of these housings is AMAZING due to this. The caps take the main center light, reflect it back onto the housings and then puts it out evenly.

Parking Lights look AWESOME as well... Although I might paint match the rim that is silver to red so it will blend better

Picked up a spool of 500ft orf 12g wire for 5$... Awww yeah!

Before I adjusted them (I turned the bulb and got a clean cutoff across the top.)

But compare that... to this, CRAP

Just a quick vid to show the cutoff when in front of the lights. The camera obviously exaggerates how bright it is though.

And a quick vid of the parking lights with blinkers