Signal light problem (*Help ASAP Please!!*)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a problem with my truck that deals with the signal lights.

The problem occurs is that my signal lights work/wont work depending on what I do.

Signal lights/4 way will not work when I have either my headlight switch on (92 model and on either switch it stops the blinker), or I press my brake pedal. My tailights are also more dim than usual. My from turn lights are the same as before (Unless I didn`t notice they are a little more dim as well.

I have done 4 hi mod so I don`t have any daytime runners, and when I put my DRL on my tailights dont come on, and when I press headlight the tailights don`t come on. When I put on my 4 ways I had seen on tail lights that all 4 bulbs are still working (Anzo tail lights).

Please help as I use my truck as daily driver and need turn signals before cops get me and get a ticket!!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It sounds like it's in the tail light area. First try unplugging the tail lights and see if the turn signals in front flash fast, turn the parking lights on and check that they continue to flash fast. if they do, then plug 1 tail light back in and recheck, then the other.

It sounds like either you have a bad ground to the rear tail lights or a filament in one of the bulbs is shorted to the other causing the cross power/grounding to the other circuit.

Hope this helps

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so yesterday they just started working again? At work I did a real hard stop with the truck, that didn`t do anything. After I left home I turned at the first corner going faster than I normally go and then they just started working again! Didn`t do anything so lets knock on wood and hope it doesn`t happen again. :cheers: Everything is working good now.

Also my command start wouldn`t work during the time that the flashers weren`t. This started happening after I brought truck to get exhaust so maybe they did touch a ground or something.

Hey, thanks for you response though. Very appreciated!!