SHIFT UP Light on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouray19

Reaction score
I have a 95 k1500, 350, TBI, 5-speed manual and the "shift up" light on the dash keeps coming on erratically. I have read other posts that say this light should come on when you get high rpm's. Mine has been coming on in 1st-4th gear at about 1500-2000 rpms. Is that normal?
Wondering where the signal comes from that tells this light to come on. Is it related to rpm's, speed? Is the sensor that activates this light come from a vacuum or is it electronic?
I know, lots of questions, but just curious because it does not seem right for it to come on under low rpms. Any input or comments are welcome.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
that could very well be the case. I would also check over all your vacuum lines before taking the manifold off.

KrpticKyler

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what the problem was that was causing this?? my truck is doing the same exact thing

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also depends on speed and throttle. If I'm driving easy down city streets, it'll come on between 1500-2000 rpm. If you step into it more, the light should disappear.

Sent from my iPhone