sfbd question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you stock floor body drop one of these trucks and run 22s can you keep the factory ac and heat or no? its a 265/35/22

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, you will have to cut into the AC box a little for the tubs and move the little wire harness but you can keep them both.

cobalt

Reaction score
yep you can it takes a little work but worth it your recirculation vent will have to be cut and moved in some. and either move the harness on the firewall over or turn it vertical like ive seen some do.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks that's what I was hoping to hear lol.

One more question it's 2 1/2 inches to put the rockers on the ground or 2 3/4 ? I've been reading all over online and it's mixed info it seems like.

Reaction score
If you raise your gas tank (theres a how to on that here)
Raise your Y-pipe where the exhaust crosses under trans.
And raise your trans. crossmember....

You will truly lay frame...
If your laying frame and nothing is holding the frame from laying out completly..
The body will only be 2" from laying.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you raise your gas tank (theres a how to on that here)
Raise your Y-pipe where the exhaust crosses under trans.
And raise your trans. crossmember....

You will truly lay frame...
If your laying frame and nothing is holding the frame from laying out completly..
The body will only be 2" from laying.

Ya I thought about just doin that but since I'm painting the frame the color of the truck and have everything apart I figure why not go all the way since I'll probably never do a full truck build again after this one.

Reaction score
If you stock floor it, youll be making new mounts for everything anyways.. You building a frame or doing the add in 2x4 and cut top off frame?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you stock floor it, youll be making new mounts for everything anyways.. You building a frame or doing the add in 2x4 and cut top off frame?

I read what you wrote wrong. I thought you were saying not to body drop it, but after reading it again I see you where giving me how much I needed to sit the rockers on the ground.

Im just gonna put the 2x4 and cut the top off the frame, I don't have the patience to make a full frame. I think I can make it pretty clean looking without doing a full frame.