Service engine soon light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's late, I'm done messing with this until tomorrow. I should mention that the egr valve did have carbon deposits, but not built up badly or clogging the parts I could see. I stuck my finger into the openings on the intake and touched metal, my finger was dirty but that section didn't have anywhere near enough carbon to block anything. I don't have a vaccuum gauge I can hook up between the two but I'll see what I can piece together or borrow. Might just keep throwing (ac delco) parts at it because I don't feel bad about replacing 24 year old parts unless they cost a fortune.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing better than a follow up to a post to let people know the final solution to the problem. Happy to hear you are on your way now.
I'd hate to leave everyone hanging, especially if someone could learn from my mistakes. I was on my way, until I noticed a power steering hose leak that, through my own stupidity and stubborness, turned into buying a new pump and lines and flushing the system, but that's another story and thread. C'est la vie