Semi wheels on a lowered dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrandpasTruck

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Chevy C3500 DRW 7.4 that I'm putting a 2/4 drop on and was wondering what wheel size would fit best and where do i go to buy them?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Easy answer, but probably the most expensive, Tennessee tire and wheel. Townasties used as the rear inners, are supposed to make it possible to tuck with stock fenders.

that's for 22s, with 265/35/22 tires. Run about $5700 for a set of 6. Mounted, balanced, and adapters ready to go.

I thought about going that route, but I can't justify paying double for a set of wheels, than the truck itself.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You're paying more, but that's obviously not an off-the-shelf wheel. They've done the milling process to change it from a 22.5 to 22, and also milled the hub face to help tuck the wheels in the rear.

Beyond that you have more work to do depending on your setup. Stretching rear fenders with fiberglass work (big job to do correctly), narrowing the rear axle...

It's too bad duallyscene forums went ****-up, at least it appears they did. Maybe the old messages are still readable in whatever became of it. That's where all that discussion used to take place.

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Townastys are the only choice you have if you want to tuck the rears without stretching the fenders or swapping axles.
You can use stock inners to save a bit, but figure on wheels, milling, adapters, and tires running around $2500 if you don't go the townasty route.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I looked for Dually Scene when I got the one I have now, but couldn't find it. I was a member on there back when I had my other one. There was a ton of good info there.