Seat Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the seat from a 2011 GMC 1500 Siera Ext cab fit my 96 Silverado 3500 2WD CC LB other than drilling a few holes. Have a shot at a front set close to me that match my present interior except for the weave pattern and can have the rear set if I want it. Going to look at it this week. I prefer the console in the GMC to the narrow one I have now. Any assistance would be welcome beforte I throw out the cash. Nothing wrong with my present seats but wanting to get the console but it might be a 60/40 front seat

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will the seat from a 2011 GMC 1500 Siera Ext cab fit my 96 Silverado 3500 2WD CC LB other than drilling a few holes. Have a shot at a front set close to me that match my present interior except for the weave pattern and can have the rear set if I want it. Going to look at it this week. I prefer the console in the GMC to the narrow one I have now. Any assistance would be welcome beforte I throw out the cash. Nothing wrong with my present seats but wanting to get the console but it might be a 60/40 front seat
I think I’ve seen pictures of people that have done it. I am not sure how extensive the install would be. I’m sure it would “fit” no problem but not sure how the floors match up, might have to cut or re shape the trans tunnel possibly??? I know there will be someone on here that has done it!

But it goes without saying, don’t cobble it together or cut corners getting them bolted in. Safety is the first thing I prioritized on my seat swap. Drilling 4 holes and bolting in doesn’t mean it’s safe in an accident!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’ve seen pictures of people that have done it. I am not sure how extensive the install would be. I’m sure it would “fit” no problem but not sure how the floors match up, might have to cut or re shape the trans tunnel possibly??? I know there will be someone on here that has done it!

But it goes without saying, don’t cobble it together or cut corners getting them bolted in. Safety is the first thing I prioritized on my seat swap. Drilling 4 holes and bolting in doesn’t mean it’s safe in an accident!
So you have no faith in JB Weld? o_O

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like Half Sd. Too many times I ahve had to go back on some one else's work to fix something they half Sd and it took longer and cost more to fix it right than it would have taken to do it right the first time.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like Half assed. Too many times I ahve had to go back on some one else's work to fix something they half assed and it took longer and cost more to fix it right than it would have taken to do it right the first time.
Obviously I was joking, I’m sure you’ll get it right. Post some pics if you get it in.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not like the seats I found. I did find a set out of a 96 Tahoe. plus they both are powered and heated. Leather is trashed on driver's side but I have a guy that does great work. Going back to the same fabric as in original, Will reuse head rests and arm rests from current seats.