Screw tbi electronics, I'm goin carb SOON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
yep intake cts is for tbi fuel and cold starts, the ds head is for gauge.

Then there' san oil sending unit for the gauge and one for fuel injection.

Actually I'd think the computer would have to be in place for it to work. The speedo that is, I had never thought of it, but again just remove the fuel pump fuse and relay and then suck fuel thru it.

definitely 600 cfm and under is enough carb.

edelbrock, best carb ever, quadjet is just quadrajunk to me. I aint a big fan of holley either.

edelbrock is very simple to rebuild and tune even for somebody with no prior carb building experisnce.

The summit intake is about $160 I think for 87 and up, but honestly tons of the older ones say they work and you can mod them, so I think I would try it to save some coin. I know my weiand intake for an 86 and older sbc had something in a bag with it for 87 and newer I'm pretty sure. No clue what it is lol.

This Weiand 8170 is only $155
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wnd-8170

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
now THAT would be awesome and well worth it. then you can just get a vortec carb intake.

Maybe I'm thinking of the vortec carb intake being $160 and the tbi headed carb one is less? It's been awhile since I looked.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I paid 300 for the heads locally, ported and polished, and my Summit dual-plane car intake with Vortec bolt pattern for like $150 shipped.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
If I had the money, I would go for the vortec heads, but I'm looking a under $500 for the budget for now.

When I get to build a new engine, it will have vortec style heads for sure.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
No progress, I'm unemployed now... :bawl: It's running as is for now.

In the spring though.....