SCI/MPI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I waited and changed my '96 to MPFI once I kept having the same cylinder misfire upon start up. It would clear up after warm or on a restart. Haven't notice any better response but just seems a little more reliable. You can probably just wait and do it until there is a problem, or if you smell gas from the brittle tube that finally gave out.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My just-retired '99 Silverado 1500 4.3 has original injectors at 260k miles. I've got some other issues with the engine, and maybe bad fuel pressure regulator?
But just yesterday I did an injector balance test and it passed. I mean, they aren't stuck open or closed. Within 2-4 psi of each other. My fuel guage didn't seem too precise. I've owned it for a long time and did change fuel filter regularly, at about 30 to 50k miles.

Bombader

Reaction score
I did the "upgrade" a few years ago I also purchased the BWD which was the least expensive unit I could find after calling around all my local parts shops, I think BWD is Borg Warner which is an OEM supplier so quality should be fine. When I pulled my old spider the #8 injector had already been upgraded by a shop I had previously taken the truck to, so you can replace individual injectors as they go bad and you can even mix and match old and new but they say once one goes bad you might as well replace them all and as I said I had had a shop replace my number eight and now my number six with the problem and that's why I was replacing the whole spider myself. I didn't notice any improvements other than improvements of it working right.

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i did the change over to the new system. It seem to run/rev smoother than the old system, a little quicker on the throttle response. I don't know about mileage increase or increase in HP. I bought an AC Delco through amazon and saved 100 when applied for their card. Final price was around 220 i think.
i can guarantee .00001 increase in everything lol

50 bucks if anyone wants the old one. It never leaked or misfire or any issues that i could notice. Or i keep if case the new system has a meltdown.