Run AC with a toggle switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removing the A/C system from Defroster mode is a TERRIBLE idea.
The A/C system dehumidifies the hot air blowing onto the windshied.

The alternative is blowing moist hot air on the windshield, further fogging the glass, and taking longer for it to melt snow, or drying condensation, thus lengthening the time till you can see clearly through the glass.

Leave the defroster & A/C cofunction intact.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been using it like that for 4 years, living in Minnesota. I think it's ok...

Yes, one can always turn it on if it's needed. But some people don't know this. I didn't, when I was 17. Then I learned about it from another classmate.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removing the A/C system from Defroster mode is a TERRIBLE idea.
The A/C system dehumidifies the hot air blowing onto the windshied.

The alternative is blowing moist hot air on the windshield, further fogging the glass, and taking longer for it to melt snow, or drying condensation, thus lengthening the time till you can see clearly through the glass.

Leave the defroster & A/C cofunction intact.

I have been using it like this for years, living in Minnesota. I really didn't notice much difference. It clears the windshield fine. Even when the fan was in bad shape and didn't move much air, it still cleared the windshield fine.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First longish trip pulling our camper with AC. It was around 300 miles total. All worked fine.

I did a dirt bike enduro that was pretty tough - Over 6 hours of woods racing. By the time that was over, it sure was nice to drive home in air conditioned comfort.