removing cloth on door panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the cloth from the 95 door panels? Depending on which of my door panels you look at, mine are burnt from cigarettes, greased and stained beyond hope, or both. The carpet at the bottom of the door panels is in equally bad shape. I bought UV protected vinyl today in the matching shade of gray with hopes of swapping out the filthy factory velour segments but upon removing the door panels, it looked like the panels are bonded to the plastic:banghead:. The velour insert appears to be glued to a thin cardboard type material but when I try to pull on it, it either acts like it wants to tear or it tries to damage the door panel. The carpet strip along the outside of the pocket at the bottom appears to have a similar construction method. I have already dyed the entire door panel back to the original grey and it looks great but it makes the short comings of the cloth/carpet areas stand out that much more.

(I have searched the forum and not come up with any results, so if I'm missing this info that's already here, I apologize.)

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
The top panel is near impossible to get off without damaging the door.. Ive tried it on mine and it looks like the only way to get it off is to carefully cut the vinyl behind the fabric so that it comes off with it.

If you can find some in better shape, it would be much easier just to swap them out