Rebulding motor and adding a few things.. check it out. Need suggestions/help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May look into the 383 cam. I just dont wanna have to tune it.

The ht383e is advertised as a drop in replacement crate engine for these trucks with no tuning required. I would use that cam over the ram jet one if you don't want tuning. I believe the ram jet one would definitely require tuning....

Sarge

Reaction score
Well i may have gotten lucky, buddy of mine wreaked his 99 2wd 2door a few months back, just needs a front clip, has new trans and nothing else is wrong with it, has 120k on it. Buying it for 1k! So im swapping what i need and parting it out etc.

So the new plan is to go ahead and do full gaskets on the motor from the 2wd one. Still kinda wanna do a ht383e. But can someone state that the cam will work with stock l31 vortec? I just want to throw the cam in, not replace any drive train stuff like rods, springs, rockers, lifters, etc. Put motor in, and crank it on stock tune and it work perfect. Cause i have someone that wants to buy it after i do the motor and wants the cam for the deal since i brought it up.. cause i need a truck.

Thanks!!

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would recommend new lifters with the new cam. don't have to on a roller but I would for piece of mind instead of reusing the stockers with a bunch of miles on them.