rebuild time.... help and opinions please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so its time to rebuild the 350, its in my 98 chev,

questions i have are, what can i do to it before i have to get the comp tuned?

whats the biggest cam and valve springs can i run? ive been trying to read on that stuff but all the lift and duration i get lost ,

im going to do the build myself and get the block honed and cleaned and checked for cracks,

also since im geting the block honed since its there should i get it bored .30 over? or will i need a tune if i do that ?

sorry for the questions guys thats one thing dont know much about is the motor, anything else i can do it and done it lol ...

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Its hard ot find information about the cam and stuff. It all depends what your looking for and stuff. For the honing, id bring it to a machine shop, get it bored .30 over. That will be safe. dont go bigger (.60 over... is good for stock, but dont put aftermarket stuff in it, you'll crack the block from what my machine shop told me.) also look into getting your deck (the top of the block accross the pistons) straighten. Make sure it is true, if your planning on running aftermarket heads. If you dont buy no heads, dont worry bout it then since the block and the heads should all move together.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Erick its kevin charbonneau lol do you know how much nordic is charging to freshin up a block?

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And my engine is going to be a pain to remove , no garage