rear sway bar install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LDC1500

Reaction score
does any1 have a install thread on a rear sway bar instal on a 89 c1500 scottsdale. im having issues mounting the end links on and its a belltech kit

LDC1500

Reaction score
Thank you but the issue is I don't have bolts to mount to sway bar

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No prob! Guess I missed the 'Q'!

Which bolts?
This pic shows pretty well all of them, except for the bracket - frame ones.
Again, this is a different style of bar, but the mounting points are pretty well the same.

You must be registered for see images attach

LDC1500

Reaction score
my rear sway bar doesnt come with brackets to bolt it to the frame so i dont kno where the end links r supposed to go

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I think that this is what you were looking for.
We made these. Steel angle pieces that had 2 slots cut into them. Then we cut off the corners, cause they looked too bulky.

You can figure out the distance from the frame to end upright's mounting eye when the sway bar is parallel to the ground, and the uprights are perpendicular to the ground. The sway bar should be square to the frame, too.
Do this with the vehicle sitting flat & level with the weight on the suspension. PITA to do by yourself.
Two bolts are needed to mount it to the frame. One of those brackets will need a third hole in it to sit over top of a frame rivet that's in the way. I can't remember which side is the one with that.
Drilling the holes in the frame was fun. Hot shards of steel jumping down my shirt!

LDC1500

Reaction score

I need the mounts for that set up

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i mounted then right into the frame

Last edited: