Rear AC is colder than the front... Any ideas????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been beating myself up trying to figure out why?
Any help would be appreciated.
I am probably gonna clean the blower box, dryer and condenser this weekend.
This is in my 99 Yukon 4x4 5.7 by the way

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
My 95 was the same. Figured out that the dash vents arent flowing very well for some reason, so I set the air selector valve to half underdash. helf dash and the Burb cools much quicker now. I'm about to do what I recommend you do, clean out the condensor, evaporaor if you can reach it, blower box, etc. Im thinking on both of ours there my be a restriction. On mine, I think the actuator motor that selects between dash and underdash is bad or jamming up.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
The same way on my '99. Everything is clean, I think that it's just going to be that way since there are only a couple little vents coming from that condenser in the rear.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing just isn't blowing as hard as my truck does.
Wonder if it could be the blend door actuator.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
I just messed with mine. The underdash vents in the center, are molded into one piece, held in by one screw. I took off the screw and could see the vent mode door using a mirror. Mine is actually working as it should, it just leaks air past the door. The rubber seal around the door is worn out some. So what I did what hold my hand in front of the dash vents and one click at a time, watched the mode door to see when it would actually start opening. On mine it opens after 3 clicks towards the upper and lower mix. When mode door selector is one click under halfway, I get the same amount of air out of the dash vents, but also get a lot of air out of the bottom vents. I'm leaving it there for now, and I left the little vent box thing off the bottom too, seems to flow much more air without it.