Raptorrider's 98 Chevy Cheyenne 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorrider

Reaction score
I bought the truck just after my 16th birthday in September 2012. It was my grandpa's truck and when he died I got it from my grandma. Its a 1998 Chevy Cheyenne Extended Cab 4x4 with the 5.7 Vortec. Iv been scrolling through this forum in all my free time and I have learned a ton and finally decided to post my progress so far. It was bone stock when I bought it besides some running boards that had faded pink. It had 166,000 miles on the motor and body and only around 10,000 on the transmission.
First off was some camo seat covers and steering wheel cover along with a new head unit, and a bed cover.
Next came new Vision Warrior wheels on 265-75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers.
You must be registered for see images attach

This was after its first mudding trip. It did great until the way home when the wire connecter from the battery to the alternator broke off and I eventually lost all power. Not my proudest moment but a cheap fix at least.

After studying this forum and saving money all summer I got the Rough Country 6 inch kit but Im just using it as the 4inch kit for now because im still on 265s.

Next up was an ebay grill insert and red bowtie.

Then it was a 1000watt Sound ordinance amp with a 12in 1000 watt sony sub.
18% tint on front windows.

That's if for the good additions to the truck. Two weeks ago a spun into a pole on an icey gravel road. I got a new bed off craigslist for $300 that's already red I just need to find time and some warm weather to put it on.

As of now this is how she sits

After the new bed goes on my plans are some 315-75-16s, tow mirrors, smoked cab lights ,and exhaust of some sort.
Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say. Thanks.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The pole didn't tweak anything else?

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
oh man, that sucks about the bed, looks painful! good looking truck! :rockit:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Ouch!!!! That had to hurt! Glad to see you saved the cab. Beds are easy to replace. The rest of the truck is looking great!

Raptorrider

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes I am very glad that my cab is fine. I have been driving it like that for the past 2 weeks and it feels fine so I don't think anything else is messed up.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Truck looks great, minus the bed lol. But that's awesome you found a red one. Keep up the good work. And when you get the 315's id recommend the Toyo MTs. Mine ride smooth and aren't extremely loud. They to good offroad and you get good life out of them.

Raptorrider

Reaction score
Iv been searching Craigslist left and right looking for 315s and not finding much. In the mean time iv been thinking about a cb radio. I want two 4' antennas but I know nothing about cbs so if anyone has any input it would be appreciated!

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lucky break on the pole, few more inches and you'd be learnin how to be a body man haha