Question Regarding 194 LEDs in Corner Markers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had cheap polarity 194 led bulbs in my parking lights for a few years now. No hyperflash. Same bulbs in both my 99 c3500 & 99 suburban

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks mars. Looks like I'll be good to go as soon as the LEDs show up.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Situation update...

Those double sided 194 LEDs I ordered back in January finally showed up, and they do NOT work in the corner lights. I have no idea why that is, they work fine in other sockets. It's not a connection issue as I tried every possible combo of wiggling and repositioning them in the sockets. No go. Sucks because I have a ton of them now. Oh well...

I'm probably going to try these unless anyone has any other recommendations.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...b-1-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/197/850/

I like the look of those Alla 194 LEDs that @98chevy2500SS linked on the first page, but they're crazy expensive and I'm afraid they'd be noticeably brighter than the rest of my lighting on the front end. A stock 194 bulb only throws about 2 lumens so I don't want anything crazy bright.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Situation update...

Those double sided 194 LEDs I ordered back in January finally showed up, and they do NOT work in the corner lights. I have no idea why that is, they work fine in other sockets. It's not a connection issue as I tried every possible combo of wiggling and repositioning them in the sockets. No go. Sucks because I have a ton of them now. Oh well...

I'm probably going to try these unless anyone has any other recommendations.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...b-1-led-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/197/850/

I like the look of those Alla 194 LEDs that @98chevy2500SS linked on the first page, but they're crazy expensive and I'm afraid they'd be noticeably brighter than the rest of my lighting on the front end. A stock 194 bulb only throws about 2 lumens so I don't want anything crazy bright.

I’m going to find the link and I’ll post the ones I use on my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my front end. The turn signals are switchbacks. The corners are just regular leds non switch backs. And I have no hyper flash. I like em @df2x4

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
50Pcs Super White T10 Wedge 5-SMD 5050 LED Light bulbs W5W 2825 158 192 168 194

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163882504348

How much clearance do those have from the front of the lens in the corner lights? I was considering that exact design on the SBLEDs site but they're a tiny bit longer than a standard 194 which concerned me. There's not a lot of room in there.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much clearance do those have from the front of the lens in the corner lights? I was considering that exact design on the SBLEDs site but they're a tiny bit longer than a standard 194 which concerned me. There's not a lot of room in there.

I didn’t fully check the clearance I know there was some clearance left. It doesn’t sit on the lends. I purchased these cause I converted every 194 to led. Interior and exterior

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn’t fully check the clearance I know there was some clearance left. It doesn’t sit on the lends. I purchased these cause I converted every 194 to led. Interior and exterior

Thanks. I'll probably go with the ones I linked a few posts back as they're a little shorter and probably not as bright, appreciate the recommendation though. SBLEDs rates the ones you linked at 95 lumens which is over 40 times brighter than a standard 194 bulb. Most of my other lights are still standard incandescent or halogen so I'm afraid those would stand out.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Convert it all to led lol