Question Regarding 194 LEDs in Corner Markers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything works as it did originally. With the parking lights switched off, the corner markers flash with the parking lights when you engage a turn signal or the flashers. When the parking lights are switched on, the corners will flash alternately from the parking lights.

If you replace the corner marker 194s with LEDs, they need to be a non polarity sensitive type for proper operation.
This is what I have, so I probably got the wrong park light led?

Attachments

• 20220820_151705.jpg
    20220820_151705.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 6

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is what I have, so I probably got the wrong park light led?

Not sure about LEDs in the parking lights. The only places I'm running LEDs in my trucks are the corner markers, reverse lights, and license plate lights. Everything else is still an incandescent bulb.

Like I mentioned though, if you replace the corner marker 194s with LEDs they can't be polarity sensitive. Unfortunately most places don't label them either way though. If you want to make sure they'll work properly without just buying them blindly and testing, you need to buy from someplace that advertises polarity sensitivity in the listings. SuperBrightLEDs.com for example. If you open this link to the 194 LEDs I bought from there and scroll down to specifications, you'll see "Polarity Sensitive - No."

https://www.superbrightleds.com/194...e+volts-9~145~VDC+color-Amber+beam-120~degree

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score