question on 5.7 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so what i have found and read since yesterday is that yes scat and eagle are forged and cast in china, as far as eagle goes their site says that they are ground in mississippi. they also say that yes the crank will break if you put it in the wrong application. but yes i did read alot of those links and put more thought into everything. i did read that the guy doing the most complaining supposidly built the motor right with alot of time and care and claims he did not do anything on his end for this to happen or he would own up to it. as of right now i have read alot online and talked to the performance shop down the street and they claim to have never had themselves or anyone else with a eagle crank problem, and they do alot of on godly motor builds which maybe you guys cant respect for not knowing this shop, but for me to hear it right out of the builders mouth and knowing the guy who owns this shop works for gm in their engine department and also is on one of the popular hot rod tv shows seen all over the tv internet and even in petersons off road magizine says ALOT to me. now maybe there are other things him and i both dont know about eagle, but as of right now im still undecided on which crank i need to go with. any more info on the subject would be nice if someone has it. and i dont mean another link to another forum with all the same users bad mouthing eagle because someone online had a problem, which seemed to be most of the problem. im not saying im on eagles side with this one im simply getting at the fact that everyone that had a problem with eagle didnt have a problem themselves it was all he said she said bs. maybe i didnt look hard enough, and i am still concerned with choosing them over someone else, but im not going to spend a grand on a callies dragon slayer for a simple 383 mild build.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for more info. you will have to weed through the tempers of those who have been wronged to find it, on any forum, so keep that in mind when reading them. For me, it's not just about Eagle's cranks, its about selling a quality product and standing behind it, which they do not. If you care to read through the emotional rants you can see in this link(http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7903&highlight=eagle+crank ), a situation with pics that is most definitely a defective part that Eagle refused to back. In the end it's your decision so do what is best for you, at least you've been warned about their products and customer service. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy Eagle, I am saying I WON'T!

2tone....did you make a decision or are you still weighing options?

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking into other options myself. i just wanted to read more about it. and also i do not like that fact that they dont stand behind what the sell. i do thank you for the warning, otherwise i would probly have a rotating assembly be shipped from eagle right now. that being said im off to read! thank you sir!

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
What crank does the GM performance parts 383 crate engine use? Id go with that one, or get a 383 short block from gm since its made and designed by GM... The peace of mind would be worth it if the block was under 2K. I dont remember the GMPP price, but im still drugged up from wisdom teeth removal, so sorry if I didnt make much sense here.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm ill look into it. as long as its a forged piece anyway. but i would rather put it together myself because i enjoy doing those things myself. it would be easier to buy and drop in and possibly more reliable but like i said i like doing it and thats what im after. when i get to the point there is nothing left to do i sell things, but i want to keep this truck so its insane list of upgrades that hardley ends is a plus to me. how did the wisdom teeth thing go? im supposed to have that done in like 2 weeks i think.