Putting subs and amp in my 92 RCLB????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbear

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 92 RCLB and wanting to install my 2 12" subs in it. I am wanting to cut a hole in the back of the cab and the front of the bed. I have done this before many years ago on a mini truck. Back then I used the rubber seal that folks use when installing a truck cap with the pass thru window. It worked very well on my mini truck I actually covered the opening with carpet and I got alot of complements on how good it looked. Would love to hear what you guy suggest on this subject. I also would love to see some pics as well. Thanks Bear

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Done this to my truck ... Love it !!!
However, you might want to invest in a fiberglass bed cover first ...

The link to my truck is on my signature ...

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I did it to my old 90' and I used an accordian boot seal, then used sheet metal to build a box around the box in the bed. That thing pounded... I used two L7's in a ported box, and had to dynomat the whole cab pretty much, with windows cracked about 1/4" it was the harders hitting system I've ever heard in a regular cab truck. I would do it again, but it really messes with resale.. lol.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I wanna ask one thing first off........are you going to do a floating box(enclosure mounts to cab and floats in bed), an accordion(enclosure mounts in bed and floats in cab), or a unibody(cab and bed are tied together to allow virtually no flex and enclosure is solid mounted in bed and rear wall of cab)?

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 12s might be too heavy (depending on the Subs) to set it up like mine ... He may have to have the enclosure completely in the bed and have a bandpass port going through/into the cab ...

Last edited: