Putting a 98 60/40 seats in a 88 with bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
drill holes in your floor where the seat sits, then put your your nuts and bolts through it with a washer and lock washer. thats it

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe if you dont give a ****, but I used the risers from the bench on the single 40 seat and have the drivers side bolted down but the middle supports has to be bolted.
Has someone done this swap please show pics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What do you mean if you don't give a ****? That's how they are stock... Drill 4 or 6 holes, put a nut on the end of them and your good to go. You can seal the old holes if you feel like it. Or, you can take your stock mounts off of your seats and retro them onto the new seats. But very well may come up with the same issue or lining up.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I installed a 60/40 in my 88rcsb during my build, it requires some modification to the seat bracket on the drivers rear near the trans tunnel and some massaging of that area as well. I used seats out of a 95 Tahoe so I don't know what year seats you are considering? Any way here are the pics of the modded bracket and after I got it in the truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

This pic is before I massaged the trans tunnel

Passenger side bolts right into the factory holes

Done!

I ended up pulling and selling this 60/40 and went with bucket seats and a console.

Interior all done

Hope this helps! GL