Project Yukon HD (1996 Yukon c1500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Alright I'm finally done with the bumper and tire carrier today. Also had a surprise delivery from FedEx with my condenser I ordered, so while the bedliner dried I put that in. I also put some 9011's in the high beams of my headlights since they are supposed to be an upgrade from the 9005's. Didn't see too much difference in the garage but time will tell, also the high side if these headlights are poor anyway so it might just be that. Though thats why I did the 9011's bulbs in the first place, to see if I could improve them.

I also picked up a respirator on the way home today... Should of bought one a LONG time ago with all the welding and grinding I do. But it helped a ton on the paint fumes and I don't feel like crap tonight like I did last night.

First thing I did was hang the parts so I could paint on all corners. That bumper was definitely awkward to get up there, especially without damaging the bedliner I put on last night. Then I started to bedline the rest of them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, look, my condensor. Pre installed orifice tube and all. And yes it is slightly deformed but if it works and doesn't leak and I have A/C I don't care.

Started disassembly.

New condensor in.

Here's the 9011 swap.

Ohh... did anyone else forget the support brackets I made soooooo long ago..... Had to put a quick coat of bedliner on them.

Then I took the bumper down and took the tape off the swing and packed the bearings and installed the seals for the hinge.

Got the bumper mounted with the support brackets.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Got the swing on.

Got the tag LED strip cut, mounted, and wired up with the factory plug and wiring.

Got the ID bar wired up also with a quick disconnect so the swing can be removed.

CB antenna mounted (only my original one for now, my dummy antenna I'll get next paycheck) and my flag mounted.

And that's it, I don't really know what will be next besides getting another Anthem and Kanati tire but I really like the way this came out. Won't really know how it'll ride until I get a tire on it though and drive it for a while.

'Til next time!

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I'm finally done with the bumper and tire carrier today. Also had a surprise delivery from FedEx with my condenser I ordered, so while the bedliner dried I put that in. I also put some 9011's in the high beams of my headlights since they are supposed to be an upgrade from the 9005's. Didn't see too much difference in the garage but time will tell, also the high side if these headlights are poor anyway so it might just be that. Though thats why I did the 9011's bulbs in the first place, to see if I could improve them.

I also picked up a respirator on the way home today... Should of bought one a LONG time ago with all the welding and grinding I do. But it helped a ton on the paint fumes and I don't feel like crap tonight like I did last night.

First thing I did was hang the parts so I could paint on all corners. That bumper was definitely awkward to get up there, especially without damaging the bedliner I put on last night. Then I started to bedline the rest of them.

Oh, look, my condensor. Pre installed orifice tube and all. And yes it is slightly deformed but if it works and doesn't leak and I have A/C I don't care.

Started disassembly.

New condensor in.

Here's the 9011 swap.

Ohh... did anyone else forget the support brackets I made soooooo long ago..... Had to put a quick coat of bedliner on them.

Then I took the bumper down and took the tape off the swing and packed the bearings and installed the seals for the hinge.

Got the bumper mounted with the support brackets.

The carrier looks good. You've got a lot more energy than me. Please let us know how the 9011's work out. Thanks

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well, I was doing some running around Wednesday helping a friend out getting something from Pull-A-Part with him, plus as always, finding something for me but for my Jeep this time (gas tank skid plate). Anyway, on the way back we got pulled over going down interstate doing 70 in the 55 area... which I think is crazy in the first place. But the officer liked my truck and he also lowered the speed to 60 so I only got 5 over and not 15. Which I'm really grateful for since I really don't need to be spending much more money than necessary over the next couple of paychecks since this bumper nickled and dimed me like crazy this paycheck getting all the paint, the resporator, extra cut off wheels and flap disc, and whatnot.

I also got some daylight pictures of my tire carrier and also the rim and tire my buddy is letting me borrow.

So yeah, like I said. At least for a little while I probably won't be doing much to the truck since I really need to be saving up to build my funds back up. Plus I need to get an alignment... bad, I'm debating on getting the other coil spacers that go above the coils before I get an alignment or waiting. But I think may go ahead and get them.

'Til next time!!

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
That bumper looks badass! Is it the one's on Ebay that are like 700.00 or some odd dollars?

Digging the spare tire mount too, ID bar looks killer, hell, everything on this thing looks killer!

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
That bumper looks badass! Is it the one's on Ebay that are like 700.00 or some odd dollars?

Digging the spare tire mount too, ID bar looks killer, hell, everything on this thing looks killer!

Thanks!! No, when I bought the bumper it was $299 with $40 some odd shipping. It is now $349 with $64.67 shipping.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thanks!! No, when I bought the bumper it was $299 with $40 some odd shipping. It is now $349 with $64.67 shipping.

Damn! When I first saw them they were about $700 total! I'll have to check 'em out now that they're cheaper I guess!

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Damn! When I first saw them they were about $700 total! I'll have to check 'em out now that they're cheaper I guess!

Yeah, the prices have been fluctuating on them the whole time I've seen the on eBay. But $299 was when they first were on eBay, at least when I first saw them.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I dug out the cable lock set I had in my Jeep and used one of them for the tire plate lock. But again, like I said before, if someone really wants the rim/tire they'll get it. It just to keep honest people honest.

Some of you may have already seen these pictures but I want to post them here also. This is from the 4th of July, I decided to "Flex" in my backyard. Well, flex the rear anyway, the front didn't move much, if any. Ended up on three wheels, rear tire was up about an inch or so, would of went further to noticeably have the wheel off the ground but it was getting unstable. G80 definitely came in handy.

These are probably some of my favorite pictures, can't decide which I like the most. One seems too dark, the other too bright.

Underneath front pictures.

Flexing so much my overload was hitting against the exhaust.

I'm getting ready to order my other spring spacers for the front, don't think I'll get them installed 'til the week after next though due to work schedule.

'Til next time!

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and ordered everything I need for the front end to redue the spacers in the front and get it ready for an alignment.

I ordered some ProForged tie rod sleeves, P/N 105-10035. Should be a great upgrade from the standard C shaped steel tie rod sleeves. They are 6061-T6 billet aluminum so strong stuff.

I also got the 2" fabricated steel spacer that goes above the coil. Hopefully that helps a little with the suspicion geometry and get the lower spring into the seat at the correct angle to help with the ride in the front. Also came with some cheesy shock spacers. I might use them, I don't know yet since I already have RCX shocks.

I also ordered some Moog coil spring isolators to replace OE ones with 210k miles, and maybe use the old one between the spacer and the upper spring seat.

I also order two AC Delco turn signal sockets. Back when I first bought the LEDs for the front end I got some cheap LEDs at first and they didn't work and I thought it might of been the sockets so I got some Dorman sockets. Fast forward to now, I now have an LEDs messing up in one of those sockets. I can mess with it and make it work so I'm getting some OE sockets and hopefully that fixes it. I believe it's the ground in the socket that's not contacting.

'Til next time!