Project Red Sled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
That's crazy. I've seen obs and oobs trucks do that but not the new ones. It looks like if you just looked at the frame from the outside like any quick look over you would probably miss or it, or in this case did. Good no one was under it when it busted, that could have easily ruined someone's holidays.

Sent from my HTC 8X using Tapatalk

Not as uncommon as one may think:

You must be registered for see images

This one was reported to have a lot of weight in the bed.

You must be registered for see images attach

One look at the lift points on this one tells part of the story.

http://peterborough.kijiji.ca/c-car...K-Pickup-1500-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ551687863
Not sure on this one, no pics but the bed cab are misaligned so......

Lots of factors come into play; how it was loaded, where the lift is placed, age and condition of the vehicle, where it spent its life, etc....

The next gen frames (gmt800+) may be rated for more weight than a gmt400 frame, but I've found in my experience they are far less tolerant of damage or rust problems.

Which is not to say that the 88-98's weren't without thier own frame problems...:roll eyes:

Just my .02......:)

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Looks to have been cracked for a while before lifting it.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
wheres that even at? looks familiar

My friend who used to own the truck lives out on the edge of hesperia in the sticks. The truck is currently stationed at the Hyundai Dealership I work at and pretty much run because I stay late every night and make the most hours haha.

It was a good deal for me, now I bought the Mickey Thompson sidebiters that he used to have on it, 1 is broken, but for the other good 3 at a price of 150 aint bad!, Ill buy 1 new one for 150 and have a full set for 300 bucks, when a new set is 600 bucks!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Awesome! I love pictures!

I also showed my dad all these pictures and it frightened him as he has a 2000 ECSB

Make sure if they lift it they support the rear of the frame (hitch if equipped), and make sure they lift using the leaf spring bracket.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
WOW!!! I have never actually seen one crack like that. Heard stories, but never saw one. Glad nobody was under it at the time. Now I gotta pay more attention to these truck when they come in. We get a lot of rusty plow trucks and I would love to have the chance to swap a frame