Powdercoating transfer case?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David G

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Sounds like you made up your mind. Powder coating is nice and holds up well. Not sure to how safe it is on aluminum but I am sure it could be done if disassembled correctly. During my Z-71 Restoration I sprayed mine with Eastwood Aluma Blast and it turned out beautifully. Check out the underside photos. Full restoration with photos and videos coming soon for my red beauty!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Clear coat over paint can look like powder coat. A good clear and many layers will hold up and be able to wash off any dirt grease n grime.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you made up your mind. Powder coating is nice and holds up well. Not sure to how safe it is on aluminum but I am sure it could be done if disassembled correctly. During my Z-71 Restoration I sprayed mine with Eastwood Aluma Blast and it turned out beautifully. Check out the underside photos. Full restoration with photos and videos coming soon for my red beauty!

That looks badass! Thanks for the pics. I wound up taking the case halves to get media blasted and am going to paint them instead. I'll look into the paint you mentioned

Clear coat over paint can look like powder coat. A good clear and many layers will hold up and be able to wash off any dirt grease n grime.

Thanks, going to go this route and see how it turns out

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
powdercoating will stick to anything and is safe on about everything. i powdercoated a double cheesburger when i went to school to powdercoat lol. its all in the prep tho, if its blasted and degreased properly its on for life. good paint is the same way, its all subject to how well surface is prepped. if u took it apart, media blasted it, degreased i and used good paint itll be there long long time, but if you go through all that prepmight as well powdercoat it then its damn near forever. that my $.02

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
ok, since your painting, be sure to add some isocyanate to the top coat for added durability. Be careful not to breath it or get it on you though, use a full face chemical respirator and elbow length gloves when dealing with it.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
powdercoating will stick to anything and is safe on about everything. i powdercoated a double cheesburger when i went to school to powdercoat lol. its all in the prep tho, if its blasted and degreased properly its on for life. good paint is the same way, its all subject to how well surface is prepped. if u took it apart, media blasted it, degreased i and used good paint itll be there long long time, but if you go through all that prepmight as well powdercoat it then its damn near forever. that my $.02

So you blasted and degreased a double cheeseburger?

A chrome shop at a car show I went to a long time ago had a chrome plated brick on display.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I would love to see a powdercoated cheeseburger lmao.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you blasted and degreased a double cheeseburger?

A chrome shop at a car show I went to a long time ago had a chrome plated brick on display.

No we didn't blast and degrease lol, was more of a way to show how powder would stick to about anything. That was almost 20 years ago, didn't keep that thing ! Just imagine it's like a big stink bomb , u pop the seal and wowza !.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
No we didn't blast and degrease lol, was more of a way to show how powder would stick to about anything. That was almost 20 years ago, didn't keep that thing ! Just imagine it's like a big stink bomb , u pop the seal and wowza !.

Incorrect, No air, no decomposition.:waytogo: