Post YOUR Favorite Picture of YOUR Truck!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Mind=blown. That's why. I always wondered why when you are behind a vehicle, primarily trucks and SUVs, and the vehicles side is right in your line of sight(as if you were checking a 2x4 for straightness) the vehicle always seems to be dog tracking. (A little sideways) like the frame was bent. I always thought it was my eyes since nearly every vehicle looked that way. But now it makes perfect sense.

Tyler/T-Unit

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Mind=blown. That's why. I always wondered why when you are behind a vehicle, primarily trucks and SUVs, and the vehicles side is right in your line of sight(as if you were checking a 2x4 for straightness) the vehicle always seems to be dog tracking. (A little sideways) like the frame was bent. I always thought it was my eyes since nearly every vehicle looked that way. But now it makes perfect sense.

Tyler/T-Unit

"Dog tracking" is a different issue. Thrust angle is wrong. Essentially, the rear axle is not in line with the chassis center line. Bent frame, shifted suspension, shifted axle, bent axle, etc.

Leaf spring solid rears are a major pita to align if it's not right. They should be within specs as a function of the way they are made. There's no easy adjustments available to the tech if it needs to move. IRS is a piece of cake (comparatively).

Most guys will simply adjust the front to the rear if the error is small and call it a day. This will often also give the "dog tracking" look.

It will no longer appear to "pull" to the driver and in normal driving they may never know. But the thrust angle is now out and can cause unintended handling issues when the vehicle is operating at the limits of its design (i.e.: emergency maneuvers, traction loss, etc).

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It just looks like dog tracking. But you look at the other side an it looks like its dog tracking the other way. I realize its not now. It's just the front tires stick out farther creating a "v" effect. No matter what side you look down the truck appears to dog track. When it isn't.

Tyler/T-Unit

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
It just looks like dog tracking. But you look at the other side an it looks like its dog tracking the other way. I realize its not now. It's just the front tires stick out farther creating a "v" effect. No matter what side you look down the truck appears to dog track. When it isn't.

Tyler/T-Unit

Have a look near the bottom of this page to get a better handle on thrust angle and dog tracking:

http://www.anewtoronto.com/wheel alignment.html

It offers about the simplest explaination you'll find.

You can google more on "thrust angle" and "dog tracking alignment" for more info.

:)

smknvette

Reaction score
Here's a fresh one of my truck. I actually lowered it about an inch more in the rear after I took this but the weather has not wanted to let me take any more pics lol.

You must be registered for see images

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Current favorite

You must be registered for see images attach

As of right now this is my favorite

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

As of right now this is my favorite

Visors ftmfw. And you should consider a demold. I'm not 100% sure just yet but in that pic it just looks a bit "off" like it doesn't belong. No offense. You have a nice truck. The trim is just idk.
Edit: got it. Just needs a little less trim. This I think will be my plan because it was so well executed by great white

Get the paintable flares and paint them 2tone to match. But instead of modifying the trim to be 2-3 bars tall and not as long on all the panels I would keep it as is and just trim length wise to fit the up to the flares. Just my opinion.

Who knows. Maybe a darker tan on the two tone would do some good too. Hell ***** me completely and call me :crazy: hahaha

Tyler/T-Unit

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Don't demold! take off the chrome fender trim, but DON'T demold!!!! .... imo...