Post pics of your valvetrain setup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
I'm wanting to put in a Comp Cams Xtreme Energy Cam in my truck, along with 1.5 full roller rockers, LS6 valve springs, and the matching Comp 787-16 retainers. I'm curious to see what it'll look like, so post pictures of what valvetrain upgrades y'all have done to your trucks!

I'm looking for anything from just rockers or springs to full on rebuilds and upgrades!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Also be sure to purchase self aligning rockers unless you purchase guide plates or cups

If you want to do guideplates you also need to convert to screw in studs. Here's what Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers look like in a Vortec head.

You must be registered for see images attach

whooooo. . . I had to get short poly locks to fit under the stock valve cover and trim the trusses to clear my non-narrow body rockers.

No I don't remember the part number, this was March 2015. But judging by the pic they're made by Crower.

Trenton

Reaction score
What is the cost of those parts, I’m lookin to do the same on my 97

On summitracing.com the parts cost:
-Comp Camshaft $319
-LS6 valve springs: $86
-Comp cams 787-16 retainers (to allow sbc head to run LS6 springs): $56
-Comp Pro Magnum Roller Rockers: $380

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
On summitracing.com the parts cost:
-Comp Camshaft $319
-LS6 valve springs: $86
-Comp cams 787-16 retainers (to allow sbc head to run LS6 springs): $56
-Comp Pro Magnum Roller Rockers: $380

You need to add some .050" offset locks to your list. The Vortec heads run springs at 1.70" installed and the LS at 1.80". Which cam are you looking at? You will be lift limited without doing some work to the heads.

Trenton

Reaction score
You need to add some .050" offset locks to your list. The Vortec heads run springs at 1.70" installed and the LS at 1.80". Which cam are you looking at? You will be lift limited without doing some work to the heads.

It's a Comp Cams XR258HR-10 camshaft with .480" intake/.487" exhaust lift with the 1.5 ratio rockers, nothing too crazy. I want to have a shop do all the head work so they can do the valve grind and installation for that reason.

Also, is there a certain part number for the locks? I don't remember reading anything about that nor has anyone mentioned it to me.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photo 1. TFS Twisted Wedge Gen 1 cylinder head (top view) Yes, the rocker studs are NOT all in a line. 2.02/1.60 valves. Comp Pro-Magnum rocker arms (Intake rockers are special for the TW heads.) 1.6 ratio, 7/16 stud.
Not shown: OEM L31 roller cam 'n' lifters.
http://hbassociates.us/K1500_Twisted_Wedge_07.jpg