pic request: tie rod notching

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of how they notched their bagged trucks for the tie rods? I searched but can't find any pics of it, i'm thinking about buying a bagged truck but I think I need to get the front reinforced where it was notched for the tie rods. Thanks in advance guys!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Drivers side
You must be registered for see images attach

Passenger side almost finished, it's done but I didn't take any pics after I painted it.

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, I really appreciate it! I'm looking at buying a 96 ecsb that's already bagged and I think whoever bagged it took too much out while notching for the tie rods, one of the things i'll have to get fixed if I buy it.

Reaction score
Just get some 3" -1/4"wall pipe... technically called Schedule 40 (maybe spelt wrong).. Use it for the curve and just box in whatever is left open like the pics above.. Youll be fine

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the input guys, the truck is priced pretty cheap imo so it might be worth it to re-do the bag setup. Plus I want a bagged toy to compliment my static daily.

Veeman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks pretty good! Here's how I did mine

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

traksta15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got a quote to re-do the bridge, fix the shock mounts and fix where it's been notched up front. He quoted me $500-750. At that price i'll probably go ahead and do it.

SunSetPrez

Reaction score
I can get you some pictures of what not to do. I just had one roll up that needs redone and made bigger for 24s. I will get on it this week.