Passenger seat recline won't lock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombie69lol

Reaction score
So a few months ago in the dead of the cold ass winter, the passenger seat in my truck decided to break. The seat will not lock in an upright position, so whenever i accelerate my girlfriend ends up laying down. This is not fun because i get in trouble EVERY time. So i was just wondering if any of you have experienced this issue before, and have a solution for me, other than welding it in an upright position because i need to be able to get passengers in the backseat, and i don't want to have to get out of my seat all the time and blah blah blah. Any advice is greatly appreciated! thank y'all so much. :hat::van:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's some Velcro tabs at the back corners of the cushion.
Move the seat as far forward as possible.
Pull the outside rear velcro apart & take a look at the mechanism.
Might have to remove the handle (Phillips screw) in order to get the fabric moved enough to see the mechanism.
May be something as simple as some fabric/foam/junk caught in the teeth that lock the seat in position.
Check the end of the lever on the other side of where it pivots. Opposite of the handle. I'm guessing without pix, but that end that catches the teeth may have gotten bent away from the teeth so that it is no longer catching the them

If that can't help cure the prob, next would be to remove the seat from the truck to tear it down a little farther.

Post up what you find with the first suggestion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
79garage