Passenger seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
On the passenger seat of my '98, on the console side, on the back, where the seat and back part meet is a black "hook", anyone know what this if for??

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats for keeping your date in the truck if you need to step out for a min! lol. honestly i think it may have somthing to do with a baby seat anchor not 100% sure.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is true. i think it says not to put the baby carrier in with the back facing the airbag. but i belive that is what the passenger air bag key on/off switch is for. im not sure but that is the only reason i can think of for having a random hook mounted to a seat.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
thats for keeping your date in the truck if you need to step out for a min! lol. honestly i think it may have somthing to do with a baby seat anchor not 100% sure.

No, it wouldn't be for that.........it's all the way to the left side.

Someone one the FSC forum said it was for the back passenger to be able to release the seat to slide forward to get out. I've wiggled it and it doesn't seem to move.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
No, it wouldn't be for that.........it's all the way to the left side.

Someone one the FSC forum said it was for the back passenger to be able to release the seat to slide forward to get out. I've wiggled it and it doesn't seem to move.

my trucks been in my family since it was built, I've been in the back seat many times, the damn thing don't move.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Took some pics........

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I have wondered what the hook is for myself. Maybe someone will know one day what its for.

Phil

Nonsense.
Reaction score
Hahaha. I've always wondered WTF that thing was for as well, and people who always sat in the back of my 2door could never figure it out either.