P0446 evap sys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get an occasional P0446 code that shows evap emissions system. I can clear it and it will stay off for several hundred miles usually.

I read a thread from 2010 with a method for cleaning the vent. Just want to clarify best strategy for chasing this down.

99 5.7 Suburban..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your best bet is to replace it. its probably the original one from new I went thru cleaning the one on our 5.3 Denali Envoy code cleared passed inspection for a sticker and code was back a short time later replaced it no light going on a year and a half now

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your best bet is to replace it. its probably the original one from new I went thru cleaning the one on our 5.3 Denali Envoy code cleared passed inspection for a sticker and code was back a short time later replaced it no light going on a year and a half now
Where can I find the part to replace? The old thread mentioned something that was $180, but no pn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk