OBS to NBS Master Cylinder Upgrade REPORT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony Biddle

Reaction score
Yeah you cannot install any NBS master cylinder with an OBS hydro boost. If you are having trouble with a hydroboost setup I would look at other solutions. Generally speaking properly functioning OBS hydroboost setups are more than fine. Have you tried maintenance items already?

Yes I replaced the pump to boost line, and got all air out of the system. I’ll probably just replace the master cylinder with oem

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah you cannot install any NBS master cylinder with an OBS hydro boost. If you are having trouble with a hydroboost setup I would look at other solutions. Generally speaking properly functioning OBS hydroboost setups are more than fine. Have you tried maintenance items already?

Sure you can. Folks on here have, they just end up hogging out the HB so the MC fits. I'm under the impression that the 800 mc is a 38mm bore and 400 HB mc is 39mm bore, so not sure how this is an upgrade for an HB truck. My 1500 pedal seems much improved after swapping from 800 mc and vacuum to 400 mc and hb. That and it'll put you through the windshield now.

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hydroboost does come in a few different sizes- look up the same year hydro for the master- I just went through this but had a spare on hand that did fit.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure you can. Folks on here have, they just end up hogging out the HB so the MC fits. I'm under the impression that the 800 mc is a 38mm bore and 400 HB mc is 39mm bore, so not sure how this is an upgrade for an HB truck. My 1500 pedal seems much improved after swapping from 800 mc and vacuum to 400 mc and hb. That and it'll put you through the windshield now.
I should clarify...it wont just bolt on. Of course you can put anything on anything with a cnc machine, a welder, a grinder, and enough gumption.

Interesting that you went from gmt800 to gmt400 HB and MC. I have HB on my gmt800 escalade and it works great, especially with gmt900+ calipers and rotors now.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
800 HB and MC probably would be great, the 400 vacuum is what sucked so hard. 800 MC was better than the 400 stepped bore MC. 400 HD isn't stepped from what I understand.