NV4500 swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4bangerfury

Reaction score
Truck info:
95 Yukon GT with a 4L60e and NP241 transfercase.

I can live without the 4wd. The extent of offroading this truck will see as a daily driver is parking on the grass. I found a 2wd NV4500 for sale locally. I would still need to source bellhousing, clutch, pedal, etc.

Will the 4wd driveshaft be a direct fit to the end of the 2wd trans? If not, is there one out there from another truck that I need to find? Think a local shop could modify a driveshaft to fit?

How hard is it swap the tail housing to a 4wd tail housing? (I know I would need a different input for the transfer case, but I can worry about that if I need to) I will eventually switch it back to 4wd and make a fun offroad project out of the truck when it is no longer a daily driver.

Thanks for your help!

And while I'm asking questions, does the 350 in my truck now have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the 5.3 or 6.0 vortec engines?

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From my understanding you would have to swap main shafts in order to change tail housings. And the splines should be the same for the driveshaft but it will be to short so you will need a different shaft. Cross member might be different as well.