Nuther canuck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Vigh J your trucks gorgeous man. Fast Orange your truck is part of the inspiration for mine.
eck, I think I should be able to do most of the ac pump install myself but I am a little worried about cleaning the lines etc. I heard you have to hook it up to a special pump for an hour or so to take out the moisture and Im assuming the recharging has to be done at a shop. Found a re-man pump at lordco for $190 which is alot cheaper than the $400 a shop quoted me. Maybe this weekend I'll put it in depending on the weather. It's been pouring rain here...

Yeah you need a suction style pump or somethin to that nature, my dad was a mechanic for 40+ years so I always had the equipment readily available but if you ask a local auto parts store, you can usually borrow or rent the machine. As for charging, it's really not that difficult and stores like Walmart or pretty much any auto parts retailer now carries the kit so you can charge it at home and they usually run around $30 U.S.

SSINate

Reaction score
Yeah I'll have to talk to my local parts shop about the pump. I didn't realize the kits were so readily available! I'll let you know how it goes.