Not quite a "vehicle" (yet?)... but still a build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Finished a lil project for my son over the weekend. Its basically stuffed with go-kart parts minus the controls, brakes, and powertrain. Front end is 5/8" king pins and spindles, rear end is a 1.25" chromoly live axle and I can stand on the middle of the frame with my 200 lbs even before I bolted the tub on. Not bad for 3/4" square tube. Weighs in t 44 lbs and has a pretty wide turning radius because the rod ends hit the steering arms, but at least that keeps the tires out of the frame.

I did leave about 3" of extra axle length in the back so I can widen it out and make room for a sprocket and rotor later. I'm thinking CRF 50 drivetrain.

If anyone is interested I still have 2 full sets of wheel halves and a crap load of tires. Everything else needed can be picked up from BMI kart, Radio Flyer, and Fleet Farm.

You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Am I the only one wondering where the lift is? :lol:

That's awesome. haha. How long did that take you to build?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Am I the only one wondering where the lift is? :lol:

That's awesome. haha. How long did that take you to build?

LOL. I was trying to build it for stability, so low was the way to go. There are variations out there with some massive lift and full suspensions (I'm already wishing I'd built in a rear suspension).

Its been in the works for a good couple of months now (everything takes forever when you have an 8 month old, plus waiting for parts to arrive, then making measurments and ordering more parts based on the measurement, then waiting for the axle to get cut down because no one makes one short enough, etc), but actual fabrication time, maybe 8-10 hours, and thats including cooling time for the welding/grinding and drying time for the paint. It also took me a good half hour to get the front end all aligned, basically put it up on its side and then got everything level.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
badd ass! are you keeping the steering like that when you gat it motorized?

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
badd ass! are you keeping the steering like that when you gat it motorized?

I set up the steering spindle so that I can basically pull the handle, fabricate a mount, put in the wheel with a u-joint, and bolt it in.

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Took it out for a short walk with the little guy and in the space of a mile drew upwards of 50 double takes by passers by, and 2 comments.

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Looks sweet! My uncle made one of these for his kids... Had racing stripes... Pretty sweet! Haha

Wheres C.Shuck when you need him... You would get a kick out of his wagon with a 125 Honda on it...

Edit... Found a pic...

You must be registered for see images