Noob with some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a 96 1500 Fleetside 5.0L 4x4 with 178k miles on the clock to be my new daily driver. Its about 2 hours away, so I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet, but from what I have seen in pics that the dealership sent to me, the box has very little rust compared to most, but the cab corner has a good amount. For their asking price of $1500 that doesn't bother me.

I know rust is a big problem, but from what I've read on the forum so far the only common problem the powertrain is known for would be the spider injectors. Is there anything else that I should look for when I go check it out?

Thanks in advance!

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
This.

Check for the usual stuff. Check all fluids and check for leaks. Let it get up to running temp and check again, make sure it idles good, Check out the frame and body mounts for rust damage.. steering slack, etc etc etc.

-Sent from the riced out Eclipse!
probably wouldnt hurt to see if the 4x4 worked, like the actuator

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Make sure the check engine light lights up when you turn the key forward. If not, its either been removed (ex. my 98) or its is burnt out. If it doesn't come on, GET IT SCANNED!

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure the check engine light lights up when you turn the key forward. If not, its either been removed (ex. my 98) or its is burnt out. If it doesn't come on, GET IT SCANNED!

X2

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk