Non-GMT400 part help required!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Posted this in my 'Why I don't have a build thread' thread, but I'm hoping that a dedicated thread will get more of a response.
Maybe some of you wrecker rats, old tin photographers, parts hoarders, someone with a hulk rusting away in the lower 40, anyone that knows or has a connection to a friend of a friend that has a lead or can point me in the right direction.
I'm in dire need of this part.
The stainless strip on the top part of the door panel. The long one. For the driver's door.
This part is NOT being reproduced!

You must be registered for see images attach

If any of you guys have even the faintest hint, an inkling, a rumor, of knowing where one is, please, please, please, hit me up with a P.M! I'll follow any lead with the ghost of a chance of finding it!
It's a '59 specific only part. Coupe or convertible. And being that it's for the driver's door, of course, it's always the F'd up one!
The cost is NOT important! The owner is already into this ride for $150,000.00!!! So, what's another hun. or so?
At this point, the cost is secondary to getting this car done! I don't care if you double the price you find it for! I NEED that part!!! RFN!!!

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Al I will ask around with my connections around this area it may take me a bit to get ahold of a few of the guys but I will see what I can do.

Sent from my iPad mini

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You gave me something to do for a bit... I'm crazy bored at work. :p
I've got a few buddies that are always tinkering with old Chevy's. You're talking about that little strip that runs across the inside door panel just above the window crank?

Edit:

Hmmm This look right? http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/4546568806.html

This guy sells Classic impala parts, mainly 60s models but he may have or be able to get his hands on what you need.

BENNYS IMPALA PARTS: [email protected]

Thanks! I'll try those guys right now!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You gave me something to do for a bit... I'm crazy bored at work. :p
I've got a few buddies that are always tinkering with old Chevy's. You're talking about that little strip that runs across the inside door panel just above the window crank?

Edit:

Hmmm This look right? http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/4546568806.html

Yea, it's the long piece that's about 2-3" down, running the length of the door under the little vertical chrome strips. Matches up with the short one on the rear 1/4.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo