no backup lights? trans related ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dvs91k1500

Reaction score
hello, my trucks back up lights did not work 2yrs ago when i purchased it and the previous owner put a set of 4x6 driving lights on top the rear bumper. was wondering if that plug on the transmission controls the backup lights or if its on the steering column like the older trucks, if it is the plug on the trans does anybody know where i might want to start checking to see why they don't work ? thanks

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
On the 91? I believe it is on your column. If you lift up on your shifter a little, while in reverse, most of the time they will come on.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
On the 91? I believe it is on your column. If you lift up on your shifter a little, while in reverse, most of the time they will come on.

88-94 auto trans they are a switch on the top side of the column, its a white half round switch just in front of the firewall, its is the reverse lamp switch and neutral safety, has 2 plugs with 4 wires total.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
88-94 auto trans they are a switch on the top side of the column, its a white half round switch just in front of the firewall, its is the reverse lamp switch and neutral safety, has 2 plugs with 4 wires total.

How about the master goes one step further and gives some details on diagnosis and repair? LOL

dvs91k1500

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, i tried lifting up on the shifter like most chevy trucks but i got nothin so i may just install a switch