New sliding rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I went ot the junk yard today last minute and I'm glad I did.
I found a delete plate for my overhead console, radio antenna cable & sliding rear window!
I asked before but, anyone know of a good or bad way of replacing the back window? The slider came out pretty easy. I would imagine that reversing the steps I took to take it out would be all I need to put it in my truck.....right?

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Don't now how you took it out, but I've heard of using a small cord around the window to pull the molding out as you go around the window.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I would imagine it goes in like it comes out..but I wouldn't know for sure, I've never done it.

Thats what I'm thinking too but dont want to get my window out and then get surprised by something!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Don't now how you took it out, but I've heard of using a small cord around the window to pull the molding out as you go around the window.

Yeah, I was told to use fishing line to cut through the old sealant.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
That **** better be 100 lb test! I think you'd be better off do it with piano wire (or something of that thickness). Or, get one of those tools that the glass companies use.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know if all slidibg windows are the same from 88-98 because i have a fixed and also biught a sliding window

Sent from my camo'ed GS3