New muffler and tailpipe time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I discovered a while back that the GMT800 HD tailpipe shares the same mounting points as the 96+ Express vans. I was at Summit and found a walker quietflow stainless dual 3" single 3" out 6.0/8.1 replacement muffler and matching 4" tailpipe. Paid $110 for both. Van is going to get both swapped on it soon. The old bus muffler that has been on it 10 years is starting to blow rust out of it and rattle internally and the tailpipe has occasionally contacted the floor since the day it was added sending resonance through the van. Time to go to the scrap bin with the old. Found a diesel guy that has upgraded to a 4" exhaust with the same outlet and a nice tip. I may add a tip someday. Looks pretty mean on his cargo van. I also love the 45° exit, the sound leaving the tailpipe is no longer something you have to listen to in the vehicle as the sound is aimed to the side and to the rear.

FYI, Summits scratch and dent clearence section is awesome. Also scored some JBA stainless long tubes for a 454 GMT400 for $320 for the 8.1 Tahoe.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fits it like a glove or like it was made for the van. Need to have it all welded someday soon. Tailpipe needs to be twisted slighty higher when I weld it which will give it even more clearence around the shock. Laying on my back I could not get enough leverage on the muffler to twist it flat.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will be quieter with the doors shut and the engine cover back on it. Definately quieter than I thought it would be for an engine making close to 500 hp.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks good.

I was disappointed on how loud walker quite flows are on my set up. Even using resonators in front of them and behind them.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will twist it up closer to the body when it is welded and the tip I plan to add gets installed.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I put a Walker Quiet Flow SS on my last K5. Initially I put a 5x8x24 Magnaflow copy and it DRONED terrible, sounded great outside. Quietflow kept the deep sound and killed the drone.