New member past trucks and current build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Welcome. The 86 looked sick. That's always been my favorite body style. The 95 looks like it has potential aswell, although I'm not too big on the camo ventshades or the tails.

Last edited:

AceH

Reaction score
I couldn't have agreed more once I got the truck road ready I put stock tail lights on and ripped the window visors off... I will get some more pics here soon I haven't had time to take any new pics or even get the glue from under the window visors off lol. I got pics of the build so far I will take up to date pics and get them posted here soon. I actually got the truck on the road on Monday and bought a deck and just picked up the dash kit today so tomorrow I am selling an 89 stepside reg cab 4x4 gmc I got and then getting my deck in. Thanks again guys had lots of ideas for my truck already... My gf is gunna kill me before too long lol

AceH

Reaction score
So here is the tail lights i had on my red truck. got rid of the clears and put these on they are my favorite looking tail light and they werent overly expensive. also the exhaust was straight out the back in the last pic i had changed it so the pipes came over the frame at the rear wheels and down on angles behind the rear tires. heres the tail lights
You must be registered for see images attach

I dont have pictures on this computer of the pipes i had over the frame but if i find some i will post them too... i know i have pics somewhere. Anyway now heres the new truck and the work i have done in the past month or so getting the truck on the road. First i did the cab corners. I have done body work before but im not a pro so dont hate on my work lol. i dont have pics of it bondo'd but i just slapped bondo on for now its not even close to smooth and nice looking i just wanted it to not rust and pass a safety i am going to fill it in properly when i go to paint. Any way here is a picture of the one side as i was doing cab corners... sorry picture sucks my phones camera lens is all scratched.

After cab corners i got a parts truck that i actually just sold this morning. I got fenders inner fenders grille and hood off that truck. fenders and inners were brand new after market and hood is very nice no rust but some little dings here and there i will be getting touched up before paint and the grille is out of a 97 gmc. heres some pics of the front end.

And after the body work i ended up doing some front end work. I got 4 ball joints, 4 tie rods, 2 front wheel bearings, pitman arm, idler arm, all new brakes, rear ebrake cables, manifold bolt and some odds and ends to get it safetied light lights and stuff. I got a jones full boar muffler for the truck as theres currently no muffler on the truck and i have a small exhaust leak i gotta get fixed when i get the muffler done. I read that the jones full boar is almost identical to the flowmaster 10 muffler. Anyway heres pics of some front end work i did.

I am at my parents right now in Peterborough, Ontario where i grew up but my trucks at my house in Havelock. I will get pictures of the whole truck with the stock tail lights and without the camo window visors and the body as it is now, and i will keep posting pics as i get more work done. Thanks for the interest and the comments guys!

AceH

Reaction score

Heres my buddys truck. Its a 97 gmc reg. cab short box. He bought the truck a few years ago as a v6 4x4. He got a 6 inch suspention lift done by a local shop and the rest of the work him and i have done. Since then we got a 3 inch body lift put in it, and a crate vortec 350 put in it. The reason i posted the pic is because he had actually told me the other day he wants new rims with 37's or 38's and told me he would sell me these mickey thompson classic 16 inch rims with the 35" hurcules trail digger m/t tires. He told me before he would want about a grand for them but he might cut me a better deal i was just wondering what you guys think? the tires have probably 75% tread maybe.

AceH

Reaction score
oh we had also done some other work on the truck like bucket seats with centre console swapped for his bench seat and we had a 3/5 ton rear end put in... im not sure what years they did it but around 95 they had a 3/4 ton chevy with the 6 bolt wheel lug pattern and the rear he got had 3.73 gears to match. also some performance parts here and there we have done. Actually this buddy (Jake) bought me my deck i said i would be working on putting in later today and is also who has helped me threw my build that u have seen in my pics. he mostly helped with the front end work i was basiclly on my own for the body work.

AceH

Reaction score
so i came across some more pictures. Heres a picture of my first truck the 92 blue rwd after a bit of body work. picture was saved june 2006 when i was actually 15 i was 16 in july and thats around the time i got the truck painted and on the road if i remmeber correctly. anyway heres a picture of it during the build.

Like i said i bought the truck not running with rusted fenders and cab corners for 250 bucks. spent a couple grand and many hours of work and that first picture i posted is what i ended up with. My stepdad has a 1986 gmc 4x4 hes the orig. owner and he is in the process of rebuilding. Theres tons of pictures of it i will just post a couple to show u roughly whats going on. I dont have pictures of its current condition but its mostly done the body hes just gotta paint (interior is done and painted) and hes gotta put the box together (he has the wood floor kit) dont mind the ugly colors he painted the truck blue and yellow when i was just a young buck but hes painting it back to factory. heres the truck before and the rolling chassis is the more recent i think we have.

I will get some more up to date pictures on that truck too for you guys. But as u can see frame was sand blasted and painted and motor, tranny, t-case and rear end were all rebuilt to factory and the truck has all new everything. trucks going to be real nice when its done. as it sits now interior is all done and painted and windows are all back in and all the body but the box is on and primered. only thing about the truck that isnt stock is the stainless exhaust he had put on in the 90's that is still mint he just polished it up but its true duals no cats and cherry bomb turbo mufflers i believe. its just a 5.0L 4x4 high sierra he wanted to go BB and do the truck up real nice but decided to keep it all orig. as hes the orig. owner and the truck has mostly all orig. parts.

AceH

Reaction score
crap i guess those pics didnt work. the site logged me out so i copy and pasted what i had writen out to log in and then i just pasted what i had done. if those pics arent working let me know i will post them again.