New Member from MN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Mike and I have a 95 GMC K1500. I've had this truck for a little over 13 years. I got it after my parents gave away my pimpin' 2000 Chrysler Town & Country minivan, was a real lady wagon... My 95 came to me shortly there after and got me through high school and college, and then got retired to back up vehicle status after 7 years of daily driving. I am now reconditioning it, which I plan to document in a build thread soon. I just wanted to give a quick history and to say hi. I've visited this site on and off since its inception back in 2009/2010 (shortly before I got the truck), but have never had much to post until now. Love this forum and these trucks, so I'm excited to be finally able to share my truck and what I've been doing to fix it up over the last few years. My goal is to make it like it's newish, not perfect, but reliable and good to look at from 20 feet away haha. Here's some pics of it over the years. The last pic is just a few months ago, currently fixing a whole lot of rust on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    427.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230607_202148.jpg
    20230607_202148.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 21

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
Nice to see guys keeping those rigs for years and then giving them the love and attention they deserve.
Get a build thread going and share your progress. Looks good so far.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
Nice to see guys keeping those rigs for years and then giving them the love and attention they deserve.
Get a build thread going and share your progress. Looks good so far.
Thanks for the welcome. I certainly will get a build going in the next few days here, got plenty of work already done and much more to come.

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from New Zealand, we like to follow projects and throw whatever advise you need into the mix to help you keep moving forward.
Thanks for the welcome. I actually just got done reading your build thread, very impressive work and a very cool truck. Also very cool to see it in use far away from where it was built. I have learned a lot from this forum and look forward to learn more from all of you on here.