New here from Montana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
:welcome:

I had a 1999 CCLB 2wd 3500 without heat, full base model with no options at all. I don’t remember having a “heavy duty heater”, do you have the sliding controls or the “deluxe” style with buttons and a screen? If you have head vents then I think it’s ram air “conditioning” (I assume it’s conditioning for dealing with no A/C).

Danny CainOBS

Reaction score
:welcome:

I had a 1999 CCLB 2wd 3500 without heat, full base model with no options at all. I don’t remember having a “heavy duty heater”, do you have the sliding controls or the “deluxe” style with buttons and a screen? If you have head vents then I think it’s ram air “conditioning” (I assume it’s conditioning for dealing with no A/C).
It does have the pull fresh air pull vents under the steering column. I noticed the deluxe heater and searched but still hadn’t come to a certain idea of what makes it different other than a resistor.
An climate control is this

Attachments

• C3AC84B6-F8A7-4426-B653-5ED4748B1BA9.jpeg
    C3AC84B6-F8A7-4426-B653-5ED4748B1BA9.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 10

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Gah I was literally baffled as I unfolded it.
And my assumption is they just didn’t want a/c..?
And from what I read online is that he heavy duty heater just means that it’s not a/c compatible and has a different heater resistor? If anyone else to the group could confirm that too.
Ah. I've only seen the base heaters I guess. They've got Lo, Med an Hi options only. I figured perhaps maybe the heavy duty option netted you a bigger heater box with larger heater core or something. Also perhaps gave you the option to use panel vents. Does your truck have panel vents?
Edit: Oh yeah, so "heavy duty" gives one the option of using panel vents as well. I've seen a few base trucks with plates over where the panel vents would be. Neat.

Danny CainOBS

Reaction score
Ah. I've only seen the base heaters I guess. They've got Lo, Med an Hi options only. I figured perhaps maybe the heavy duty option netted you a bigger heater box with larger heater core or something. Also perhaps gave you the option to use panel vents. Does your truck have panel vents?
Edit: Oh yeah, so "heavy duty" gives one the option of using panel vents as well. I've seen a few base trucks with plates over where the panel vents would be. Neat.
What you’re saying seems to add up in my mind. Still searching for positives.
Yes, I have panel vents as well, if you are speaking of door panel vents?

Danny CainOBS

Reaction score
Seems I caught the other bidder sleeping and won this 91 cluster!! It was literally an impulse bid, didn’t think i would win, nor would the bid stay this low. Everything is operable. Will get more pics when it arrives
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Wow, you got a deal on that my friend. I've heard some people are comfortable paying north of $300 for those. The needles are even orange still, just wow. The one in my truck was a Frankenstein's monster of sorts- The day I found it at a treasure yard I had to spend time pulling two other clusters apart to make it complete. Worth it though, as it was already set up for my tire size and gearing.