New Guy From AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baggedlsx

Reaction score
How's it goin folks? I've been lurking around here for a month or so, and I decided it was time to speak up. I'm new to this forum, but not these trucks. I had a 92 Extended Cab Dually that was stolen from me back in 07, and a 96 Yukon I totaled in 2010.

I bought this fine example of a 88 GMT400 from my roomies dad for $500 The tranny is shot, its got a full tank of gelled up gas and a fair amount of other problems stemming from years of neglect.

My original plan was just to gut it for parts for my '74, the tbi, serpentine drive and exhaust, then send it on its way, I've got no want or need of a 3/4 ton 4x4 and I already have a longbed truck, so what do I need another for? Once the injection is setup on my square, and its lowered it'll be done enough for my taste.

Well, once my square is "done" I need something else to spend my money on, and as it happens, I've got the blue truck, a welder, a little bit of know-how and the internet, which means I can do just about anything. LOL!

So the plan is to swap the truck from 4x4 to 2wd, shorten it down to a swb and bag it. Up next will be an lsx and a 95 dash swap.

Now, I'm in no real hurry to get this thing done, I'm going to collect parts for it over the next few months, then drag it over to a friends house to do the welding.

It might be easier to just sell off the frame roller and get a 2wd swb frame to start with, but I get so few opportunities to play with my welder, since most of my friends don't have projects anymore. Besides, I'm a firm believer in working with what you got, so that is what I'm gonna do.

Here is a pic of it as it sits now. Enjoy.

You must be registered for see images attach

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Sounds like a hell of a project you have lined up there! :welcome: from Michigan

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
yep I'm gonna second the long bed idea but I'm a little biased lol

Sent from my static android