New guy from Arkansas with 97 Ext. Cab short bed Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm Michael I signed up a couple months ago but never stopped in and posted pics of my truck. I bought it back in April after totaling my 09 ext cab Z71 :bawl:. The 96 & up have always been a favorite body style of mine. I have never owned one though until now.

Truck specs
1997 Chevrolet K1500 Ext. Cab Short Bed Z71 Silverado
5.7L with 214000 when I bought and 226XXX now, Automatic transmission & 3.73s, manaflow cat forward exhaust
Third door, Temp mirror thanks to borahshadow great guy to deal with I just couldn't post a feedback thread for him
285/75R16 junk tires.
Kenwood BT848U head unit, Sony X Plod 1000W :bs:, Kenwood 300W currently not being used, Pioneer door speakers that need replaced again, Cobra 29LX that needs a tune up w/astatic mic
A ton of Browning interior accessories.
Smoked LED tails from racerinnovation (thanks to forum members here for the recommend)
TSC toolbox, Mossy Oak breakup infinity Z71 stickers, bug shield, and window guards, soon to have the bed rail and tailgate caps. Black westin nerf bars, black bed rail bars.

I have some big plans lined up for it. I browse a lot here from work but I can't post comments the network won't allow me to log in. Anyway enough with the book on to the photos.

Totaled 2009
You must be registered for see images attach

97 when I first got it

New Taillights installed yesterday

Now

A link to a ton more pictures.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v688/mudeater/1997 Silverado/

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck.

Welcome to the site, and NICE rear license plate cover......

Also since you have driven it enough whats your MPG with the 3.73 gears? I am debating on switching from 3.42s to 3.73s

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I like the '97 better than the '09! And this is coming from a guy who has both body styles!

May I make one suggestion though? Search eBay and get GMT400 camo Z-71's stickers, I'm not a fan at all of the newer styles.

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks everyone

1997chevydriver to answer your question
When I first got the truck I was getting 14's. Then it dropped and after massive tune up and seafoam the cats crapped out and it dropped to 10. Once I bought the magnaflow set it went back up to the mid 12's to low 13's.

Thanks ChrisAU
I've been looking around for a 400 set because I don't really like the Z on these either but I haven't had any luck finding them in the breakup infinity.

Also some of my plans are to ditch the chrome bumpers, and grille and get color match them, ditch the side moldings (just not looking forward to cleaning of the tape) I've done that on the last 3 trucks and it suxs.
black wheels, and all new lights for the front smoke to match the rears. also building a new speaker box, and working an a custom center console now

Edited for grammar