New Clear Dome Light Lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I just got my new Clear lens in the mail from LMC, and I love it already! I recommend everyone get this, the lighting output is 100 times better than the stock dome light lens. Here are some pics.

New in the Package (Came in a First Class bubble envelope, shipped really fast)

You must be registered for see images attach

New Vs. Old

Old lighting (Non LED Blue Bulb)

And the new look. You can see that the light output is going to be a lot better. Can't wait to get a look at night.

And the link to buy it, something everyone should get, shipping is more than the lens, which is kind of stupid, but it was only $15.

http://www.lmctruck.com/newparts/CD/CDDL1.htm

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The only problem with using the clear is there is less control of the light output due to not having the white there to break up the glare and spread the light. The clear, even being diffused, will provide little to no light distribution for making an even light spread. Good thing is, you can now get the actual color of your leds thru the lens, instead of a lighter tone, which negatively affects leds, especially red(makes it pink).

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
When you get a shot of the night view, make sure you take a pic of what the interior looks like so we can see the light distribution throughout. If it's worth it, I'm gonna make a large order of them to save s/h for my trucks and others around me.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'll try my best for a night shot showing everything. I don't think you all need to see it with the stock lens, since you have one in your trucks. It might be better looking than we are expecting it to be.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Depending on interior color, the lighting will show differently through different people's trucks. A shot with stock white lens and one with clear lens will help alot with comparison.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I aggree with Mike, it would be nice for a "side by side" comparision of the two at night! I am looking forward to some night shots with the clear lens installed! Looks like a nice quality piece!