new bearing for truetrac?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok I recently decided on getting a truetrac for my 10 bolt and to have it installed with my ring and pinion. so first question how much extra labor should be charged for this? Second I bought the ratech 3018k install kit and am not positive if it has the correct bearings for the new truetrac. Will I need to send it back for another set or just buy new bearings or am I fine?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAT-3018K/ --- this is the install kit I bought!

thanks ahead of time

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Uhmmm, No extra labor should be involved especially if you're buying a new one lol. and there are no special bearings for the tru trac, it's the same exact size as stock

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes special carrier bearings, here is a quote from eaton's catalog. Stock ones will not fit on their carrier, found out the hard way a few years ago.

"GM 8.5”/8.6” Eaton differentials require special bearings. For axles with small bearing bores (race O.D. of 2.89”), usually found on vehicles prior to 1999, bearing LM102949 and race LM102911 are required. For axles with large bearing bores (race O.D. of 3.06”), usually found on vehicles from 1999 to present, bearing LM603049 and race LM603012 are required."