New and have questions about 95 K1500, more questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsko177

Reaction score
It sounds like a connection issue. When you replaced the bulbs some of the harnesses could have lost contact, or the individual pins in the sockets I have the same year and I’ve had my fair share of issues.

I’d start by cleaning everything off and put some dielectric grease in with the bulbs. If there’s any old hardened grease remove it. Retest.

If this didn’t work, I’d recommend turning the lights on and manipulating the individual bulb sockets gently and around the wire connections a bit to see if anything comes on. Sometimes, but especially in the reverse lights, the heat can cause the plastics to warp and loose contact.

If that doesn’t work, and I doubt this is it, check your grounds. Specifically on the top of the block, front right, just below the alternator. There’s an electrical ground there that can wreak havoc, but you’ll usually pick up flickering gear lights from this.

Word of advice in the long run, switch over to LED. I have LEDS and HALO lights and I love’em.

itsko177

Reaction score
CarolinaContingency, do you have any pictures of your Halo lights? I just installed Auxbeam S2-9006 and 9005 bulbs in my factory housings and they are much better than stock. My housings are in need of polishing or replacing and I like the look of the Halos but I haven't seen any on a truck like ours.

CamoGoddess13

Reaction score
CarolinaContingency, do you have any pictures of your Halo lights? I just installed Auxbeam S2-9006 and 9005 bulbs in my factory housings and they are much better than stock. My housings are in need of polishing or replacing and I like the look of the Halos but I haven't seen any on a truck like ours.
I don't have any pictures yet. I bought new housings for them and haven't had a chance to put them in. Because we are still in the process of moving. I also bout the new housing/plastic for the taillights.